The main tour is the Dublin Literary Pub Crawl. It begins at 7.30pm UPSTAIRS in the Duke pub, 9 Duke street. Some tickets are available at the door at 7pm.
BEST OPTION is to buy online here to avoid being turned away.
RATED # 2: Lonely Planet Top 10 Literary Tours of the World.
- ‘History, song and literature washed down with a pint. It was a great couple of hours.’ The Boston Globe
- ‘Highly recommended. It’s also great fun and gives a fine introduction to Dublin pubs and Irish literary history.’ The Times (London)
- An excellent entree to the city; a kind of rough guide to the cultural, religious and political history of the capital.’ The Irish Times
- ‘A great way to spend an evening, elevated by poetry and pints.’ The Rough Guide to Dublin
- ‘A wonderful evening. Don’t leave Dublin without doing this tour.‘ Sydney Morning Herald
- ”An excellent and organized pub crawl. The actors remind you that Dublin’s literature has always been constructed out of great jokes.’
- ‘This is no ordinary tour. Those who book it are transported away from the aridity of the tourist cliches to the richness of the language of Joyce, O‘Casey, Yeats and Behan…sober or gently merry, following in the footsteps of the literary giants is a wonderful ramble along the cobbles of Dublin’s streets.’ The Toronto Star
- ‘A highly enjoyable evening that gives you the pleasant notion of replacing brain cells as you drown them.’ In Dublin Magazine